Can't create User from Teradata Studio UI

Teradata Studio

Can't create User from Teradata Studio UI

Dear Teradata community,

I am new to Teradata Studio and I have a problem with user creation.

I have downloaded Teradata Studio Express, and created a connection to my Teradata VM as DBC. I am now trying to create a new User from the UI. 

For this, I go on the Data Source Explorer, right click on Databases > Teradata > Create (at least that's what my teammates get). However, when I right click on Databases>Teradata, I only get the option of "Find objects". Also, I am able to create a user from the command line (via the SQL editor).

Any idea on why I am not able to create anything from the UI? 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Amina

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES

Re: Can't create User from Teradata Studio UI

I have investigated the question further. I am realising that unlike my teammates, I am not able to open any perspectives. Indeed, the Window menu offers the ability to change perspectives in my teammate's Teradata Studio but I cannot do such a thing. Hence they are able to use Teradata Studio as "Teradata Administrator" but I can't. 

Any guesses on how to work this out and what the reason might be ? I am running Windows 7.

Thanks

Amina

Teradata Employee

You will need to install Teradata Studio for administrative functionality.

Enthusiast

Hi,

how to get "Teradata Studio for administrative functionality" ?

i just installed STUDIO Express V15.00 (on a V14.10.0.4 platform) and i do not find the Administrator perspective:

the trick is that i can open some Tools Windows belonging to TD Admin, like "Transfer history", but i can't display any other perspective than "SQL

Development".

Thanks for help,

Pierre

Teradata Employee

Pierre, You need to download Teradata Studio, instead of Teradata Studio Express. Teradata Studio has the administrator perspective.