Can't open Tables/Views in the Data Source Explorer

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Can't open Tables/Views in the Data Source Explorer

Since a few days I'm not able to see anything inside the Data Soruce Explorer after opening the first nest, I always get 

"java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database][TeraJDBC 15.10.00.15][Error 3807][SQLState 42S02] Object 'xyz' does not exist. SQLState = 42S02 SQLCode 3.807 [Teradata Database][TeraJDBC 15.10.00.15][Error 3807] [SQLState 42S02] Object 'xyz' does not exist."

The connection works fine and I can access all tables in database 'xyz'. I only can't see them in the Data Source Explorer. It did work for some weeks for me, setting up new connections does not help.

Also your picture upload is broken at the moment..

Appreciate any help, thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Can't open Tables/Views in the Data Source Explorer

Was there a change made to the Teradata Datatools Preferences to use the DBC.DatabasesVX or DBC.TablesVX view instead of DatabasesV and TablesV views. Studio uses these data dictionary views to get the lists displayed in the Data Source Explorer. Verify the preference setting by clicking on Window>Preferences and looking at the Teradata Datatools Preferences page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Was there a change made to the Teradata Datatools Preferences to use the DBC.DatabasesVX or DBC.TablesVX view instead of DatabasesV and TablesV views. Studio uses these data dictionary views to get the lists displayed in the Data Source Explorer. Verify the preference setting by clicking on Window>Preferences and looking at the Teradata Datatools Preferences page.

Teradata Employee

Perhaps you have an orphaned view?

The following scenario would produce the error that you are seeing.

create table xyz(c1 integer);

create view abc as select c1 from xyz;

drop table xyz; -- this orphans view abc

Enthusiast

Thank you fgrimmer, it's working again!