Cheat Sheet Selection

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Cheat Sheet Selection

Where can I get a cheat sheet file or URL?

• cheat sheet
Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cheat Sheet Selection

I stand corrected.

First, cheat sheets are available, the Help menu --> Cheat Sheets.  As far as your original question, I don't know where to find them.

Back to templates.  In an SQL editor, control-space opens a list of templates, and I think that's what you're looking for, but it is kind of context sensitive which is what threw me.  Example in the query "select user", putting your cursor between select and user and hitting control-space brings up the auto population (best guess at what should follow the previous keyword).  However, entering control-space at the beginning of a new line not only makes a guess but brings up the list of templates (scroll through the choices).  Finally, by going to preferences and searching for "template", you will see where you can add/modify/delete templates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Hi Joseph,

Teradata Studio doesn't have cheat sheets. Is there something specific you were looking for?

I thought that there was a snippet or cheat sheet, but I couldn't find it in TD Studio.  I may be thinking of Oracle SQL Developer.  Nevertheless, Studio does have the concept of templates.  I haven't used them, but I think this may be what you're looking for.  Unfortunately, you have to build your own.  Do a search in the help section to see the functionality.  Essentially, you save "stuff" as a template, use "control space" at the cursor and a list of templates shows up.

I stand corrected.

First, cheat sheets are available, the Help menu --> Cheat Sheets.  As far as your original question, I don't know where to find them.

Back to templates.  In an SQL editor, control-space opens a list of templates, and I think that's what you're looking for, but it is kind of context sensitive which is what threw me.  Example in the query "select user", putting your cursor between select and user and hitting control-space brings up the auto population (best guess at what should follow the previous keyword).  However, entering control-space at the beginning of a new line not only makes a guess but brings up the list of templates (scroll through the choices).  Finally, by going to preferences and searching for "template", you will see where you can add/modify/delete templates.

Teradata Employee

Thanks @garrett @isharma. I thought there are pluggable Cheat Sheet file or URL for Teradata Studio (Help > Cheat Sheets...)

Teradata Employee

No there's no pluggable cheat sheet for Teradata Studio.