Configuration could not be created error

Teradata Studio

Configuration could not be created error

Hello, I'm new here..lol :)

I have tried download both the mac version of Teradata Studio/Express, once the installation is completed and I try to launch the app I get a invalid configuration location error. Its asking me to choose a writable location using the "-configuration' command line option.  Have no clue how to do that.  I download and installed to the the application folder on my hard drive.

"The configuraton area at '/Users/julie/.eclipse/com.teradata.studioexpress.TeradataStudioExpress_15.0.2.201411070423_819492525/configuration' could not be created. "

Hope you can help! 

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Configuration could not be created error

Julie, Are you trying to execute from inside the ZIP? Make sure you unzip first, double click on the Teradata Studio .pkg to invoke the Teradata Studio installer. By default it should install in the Applications folder.

Hi, 

Yeah, I unzip and do the install and it under the application folder but when I go to launch the app by clicking on the icon it gives that error. 

I have tried to uninstall and redo several times.

Thanks!

Julie

Any other thoughts on how I can fix this issue?  Thanks :)

Teradata Employee

Julie, When Studio is launched, it attempts to creates a configuration directory and workspace directory in your USER directory, which you should have permission to write to. Otherwise, you can specify a different location for the configuration and the workspace by launching from a Terminal window or shortcut, passing the -configuration and -data parameters. Here is an example passing the -data with a new workspace location:

/Applications/TeradataStudio/Teradata\

Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/TeradataStudio –data

/Users/guestUser/Documents/MyWorkspace –configuration

/Users/guestUser/Documents/MyConfiguration