Configurer Data Transfer Error Files

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Configurer Data Transfer Error Files

Hello All,

I'm new to Teradata Studio's, is there a way of changing the error files generated by the data transfer process to a dedicated folder?

Regards

Sean

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Configurer Data Transfer Error Files

Sean, There is a preference to set the location of the error files during Smart Load or FastLoad. Go to Window>Preferences and Teradata Datatools Preferences>Data Utilities Preferences. There is a field to enter the 'Error File Path of Smart/ FastLoad'.

Enthusiast

Thank You

gs
Fan

Dear All,

Pardon any errors of omission or commission from my first post to a forum. Any help greatly appreciated.

Followed Francine's advice with Teradata Studio version 15.10 - I specified a local directory and beginning of data load I see an error file with a date stamp attached like my case "SecSuites_Retention_Error_2016-08-30_151949726.log"  in that directory when my source Excel was named "SecSuites_Retention.xlsx".

But once the load attempt finishes - even after unsuccesful load attempts, the file vanishes.

Unfortunatley the description in Transfer History View is quite hard to understand - it is just a stacktrace - part of it reproduced below.

Best Regards,

gs

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Part of the stack trace in Studio (loaded 199,984 rows correctly)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Row number 150,000 had an error.

Cause = java.sql.BatchUpdateException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 15.10.00.05] [Error 1338] [SQLState HY000] A failure occurred while executing a PreparedStatement batch request. Details of the failure can be found in the exception chain that is accessible with getNextException.; 

Row number 200,000 had an error.

Cause = java.sql.BatchUpdateException: [Te

Teradata Employee

Ravindra, Please open an incident for this so we can gather the logs and configuration information to help fix this issue.