Connecting to a Hadoop Platform

Teradata Studio

Connecting to a Hadoop Platform

Hello,

I recently read online about a user who was able to connect Teradata Studio to Cloudera Impala via JDBC connection. I was wondering if anyone has succesfully established this type of connection and if so, how would I be able to achieve this? I know a while back I was able to create a connection profile for an Oracle Database so that I could connect Studio to that database.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated by many users on my end.

Thank You.

15 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Connecting to a Hadoop Platform

Our next release of Teradata Studio will support Cloudera Impala JDBC connection. This is currently scheduled for mid May release.

Do you happen to know what Studio version that will be in your next release?

Teradata Employee

Our next release of Studio is 15.11.

Hello again,

Do you have an idea when 15.11 would be available to download? 

Teradata Employee

We are planning to get it on the download site by end of next week.

Teradata Employee

Hi 

I'm trying to connect to Cloudera from Studio 16 using "Impala (Hive Impala JDBC for creating and running SQL)" option but the JDBC Connection Test fails with the following error:

java.lang.Exception: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://xx.x.xx.**bleep**:21050/discovery;user=usr_explo;password=***/;auth=noSasl: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at com.teradata.datatools.hadoop.cloudera.connectivity.ClouderaConnection.openJdbcConnection(ClouderaConnection.java:296)
at com.teradata.datatools.hadoop.cloudera.connectivity.ClouderaConnection.createConnection(ClouderaConnection.java:196)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:105)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:54)
at com.teradata.datatools.hadoop.cloudera.connectivity.ClouderaConnection.open(ClouderaConnection.java:150)
at com.teradata.datatools.hadoop.cloudera.connectivity.ClouderaPingFactory.createJdbcConnection(ClouderaPingFactory.java:37)
at com.teradata.datatools.hadoop.cloudera.connectivity.PingJdbcJob.createTestConnection(PingJdbcJob.java:32)
at com.teradata.datatools.hadoop.hive.connectivity.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Could you give me any suggestion?

I don't know if it useful, but the WebHcat Connection Testing works fine.

Teradata Employee

Is this a kerberos enabled system?

Teradata Employee

No, Kerberos is not enabled.The idea is do it after some initial business cases.

The administrator told me that the JDBC connection worked with Studio 15.10, setting the connection as HortonWorks, but I can't found where download it to make sure.

Thanks

Teradata Employee

Previous versions are available on the TSS patch server.