Data Lab view in TD Studio doesn't show Data lab hierarchy

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Data Lab view in TD Studio doesn't show Data lab hierarchy

I deployed Data Labs v15.11 at a customer this week.  I made the parent Data Lab database a direct child of DBC, not of SYSDBA as depicted in TSM config template (as I had done the same in a previous customer data lab engagement for v14.10, subsequently patched successfully up to Data Labs v15.11).  All the rest of my deployment followed config guide (e.g. viewpoint config, use of DLADMIN user, etc.), and the labs appear to be working fine, used TD studio's Data Transfer/smart table loader capability, saw the resulting tables in the different labs, Lab permissions working correctly for different users, etc.  I'm using TD Studio v15.12, against DB v15.0 and Viewpoint v15.11.00.02.  Only one thing doesn't appear to work, the TD Studio "Data Labs view" perspective, shows the parent Data Lab database as child of the production database name, and there's a folder for "data lab groups", but that folder can't be expanded to see the two existing Data Lab groups under it.  No problems with seeing that data lab group database and its child labs in the Data Source explorer pane of TD studio.  Also, my parent database was named "DATALAB" (as opposed to TSM template which suggests "DLPARENT"), maybe that causes TD studio data lab view not to recognize the hierarchy?  FInally, TD Studio 15.10 has same problem, can't expand the Data Lab hierarchy in TD Studio Data Lab View.  Any suggestions? (also posted this internally to ATR forum)

Thanks
Dan

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Data Lab view in TD Studio doesn't show Data lab hierarchy

This could be a permission issue based on Data Lab roles. The Data Lab hierarchy should show the Lab Group as the user and the Data Lab under it as the database that you are seeing the Data Source Explorer (DSE). Displaying the Databases and Users in the DSE are based on the Data Dictionary information and which DBC Views you have chosen as a preference. By default, we use the DatabasesV view to show everything, vs the DatabasesVX views which will only return those databases and users the logged in user is allowed to see.

Visitor

Re: Data Lab view in TD Studio doesn't show Data lab hierarchy

I have same issue DBv15.10, VP & DataLab v15.11. I have checked the permission on DataLab role and database access. user can see the lab group hierarchy & labs on TDStudio DSE ,TD administrator, TDSQLAssistant but not on Data Lab View - Lab Groups (after selecting the same connection profile.) 

Do you have a solution? what did I miss? I would like to deploy this to end users using TD Studio-Data Lab View.

Thank you,

Emilia