Data Transfer Wizard issues on Teradata Studio - Quick Scan feature (Smart Load)

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Re: Data Transfer Wizard issues on Teradata Studio - Quick Scan feature (Smart Load)

After analysis, found that issue is with the NumberFormat class of Java which is giving the incorrect decimal seperator for some region

Reported the issue in relevant forums.

Please refer the below link :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50481218/getting-wrong-locale-for-portugalbrazil#comment87979429...

As a workaround below can be done 

While loading the data change the locale to Portugal(Portugal) or other region where decimal seperator is correct.

Teradata Employee

Re: Data Transfer Wizard issues on Teradata Studio - Quick Scan feature (Smart Load)

After analysis,found that issue is with Number Format class of Java which is picking the incorrect decimal seperator for some region.

Reported the issue relevant forums .

Please refer the below link :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50481218/getting-wrong-locale-for-portugalbrazil#comment87979429...

As workaround below thing can be done

While loading the data change the locale to Portugal(Portugal) or to some other region where decimal seperator is correct

Enthusiast

Hello, many thanks for your feedback.

I did try to push the Portugal locale values on the TeradataStudio.ini file:

-Duser.country=PT
-Duser.language=pt
-Duser.region=PT

So my display of the System Locale on the Smart Load Wizard now looks ok (Date: dd-MM-yyyy).

Smart Load Wizard.jpg

By the way, great help you made on stackoverflow. But just to make sure, all the operating system outputs regarding dates and number format are localizes to PT_BR without any issues.

DateTime.jpg

But still the column data type detection did not improve. See below. The BEN_VL_PARCELA and BEN_CD_CONTRATO still detected as VARCHAR, but they clearly are DECIMAL n, 2.

Column Data Types.jpg

Teradata Employee

Hi

Could you please make sure that there is no space between column data values 

If there is space between column data values it will take it as varchar .

Please get back to us in case of any query.

Enthusiast

If you mean spaces within the data field, yes:

;98;1981,10                       ;89,11                         ;

Since these are clearly numbers with a trailing space, could not the DataLoader Wizard offer a checkbox option to TRIM these values?

Teradata Employee

Hi,

Data Loader wizard does not provide any functionality to remove trailing spaces.

Could you please try to remove the space manually and check if the data type is correct.

Please let us know the result

Enthusiast

Sorry to say that, but I did change manually the input file to be like this (notepad wordwrap enabled):

Sem título.jpg

And see What I got:

Sem título2.jpg

Sem título3.jpg

Enthusiast

Oh, I am sorry I forgot to update the TeradataStudio.ini file in the hsot I am testing the feature.

I got it right now. The trailling spaces were removed and the quick scan feature is suggesting the right data types.

Sem título4.jpg