Hi, I am running Windows 7 and I just upgraded from Teradata Studio 14.02 to TeradataStudio__win64_x86.15.00.01.00. Prior to the Studio upgrade install I installed jre-7u65-windows-i586. I also have jre-7u65-windows-x64 installed. Studio appears to launch fine, however when I try to filter databases (we have hundreds) I right click on the database filter and open the filter dialog, then uncheck "disable filter", then click for "selection" but the list for selection never comes back (I have let it run over an hour). It just says "not responding". Any ideas?
Thomas, Turn the DSE show hierarchy display off. The delay is trying to gather up all of the databases and users in the hierarchy display that is taking a long time. To turn it off, go to Window>Preferences>Teradata Datatools Preferences>Data Source Explorer Load Preferences and uncheck the Show Databases and Users in Hierarchy Display. We are working on a resolution to this.
Hi Fgrimmer!! I was just writing to say that I found your advice to another poster and was able to fix the issue:
You can change the Data Source Explorer view to show all the databases in a flat view (not hierarchical) by changing a preference. Go to Window>Preferences>Teradata Datatools Preferences>Data Source Explorer Load Preferences and uncheck the 'Show Databases and Users in Hierarchical Display' option.