Different results with same query using Teradata Studio and Teradata SQL Assistant

Teradata Studio

Different results with same query using Teradata Studio and Teradata SQL Assistant

Hi,

I am running the exact same query on Teradata Studio (Mac version 15.00) and Teradata SQL Assistant (Windows version 14.10), but getting completely different results. On mac, I get 0 rows, and on Windows, I get some data. Any idea why that may be the case?

Thanks,

Sibel

2 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Different results with same query using Teradata Studio and Teradata SQL Assistant

Hi Sibel,

this is based on different defaults in your sessions, ANSI vs. Teradata session:

ANSI defaults to case-sensitive string comparisons while Teradata defaults to not case-sensitive (there are other differences, too). 

Check the TMODE connection property in Studio, JDBC connections don't use the system default, but override it to ANSI mode session. Your system is probably running Teradata mode as default and SQL Assistant is using that.

So switching to TMODE=TERA should fix the problem.

Re: Different results with same query using Teradata Studio and Teradata SQL Assistant

Hi Dieter, 

Thanks for the reply. That solved it, thanks so much!

Sibel