Eclipse Plugin installation fails looking for: org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis.consumption.core

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Eclipse Plugin installation fails looking for: org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis.consumption.core

Any help? Installation Fails under just about any scenario, local or remote.

Under: Version: Kepler Service Release 1, Build id: 20130919-0819

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software currently installed: Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 14.10.1.201310281651 (com.teradata.datatools.pluginFeature.feature.group 14.10.1.201310281651)

Missing requirement: Teradata Stored Procedure Java Bean Wrapper Wizard 14.10.0.201310281651 (com.teradata.datatools.javabean 14.10.0.201310281651) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis.consumption.core 1.0.306' but it could not be found

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: Teradata Java Development Feature 14.10.0.201310281651 (com.teradata.datatools.javadevelopmentFeature.feature.group 14.10.0.201310281651)

To: com.teradata.datatools.javabean [14.10.0.201310281651]

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 14.10.1.201310281651 (com.teradata.datatools.pluginFeature.feature.group 14.10.1.201310281651)

To: com.teradata.datatools.javadevelopmentFeature.feature.group [14.10.0.201310281651]

16 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Eclipse Plugin installation fails looking for: org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis.consumption.core

It looks like something is missing from Eclipse install. For Teradata Plugin for Eclipse, we require either the Eclipse JEE bundle or the following Eclipse packages for Kepler (4.3) release: Eclipse, DTP 1.11, WTP 3.4, EMF 3.9, GEF 3.9

Enthusiast

Re: Eclipse Plugin installation fails looking for: org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis.consumption.core

It's something in EMF/GEF that's dependent. The install completed after EMF/GEF installation. Thanks. 

Enthusiast

I am trying to download the Teradata plug-in for Eclipse and the install is failing because the Teradata DTP support feature can't be found? Any ideas of what I need to do to fix it?

Teradata Employee

Zach, We recommend that you use the Eclipse JEE download becuase it includes all the required Eclipse plugins needed by Teradata Plugin for Eclipse. But if you already have Juno (Eclipse 4.2.2) or Kepler (Eclipse 4.3) releases, you can add the other required pieces, such as: EMF, GEF, and DTP.  If you are also planning to use the Web Service Wizards, then you will also need WTP. You can find these plugins via the Kepler or Juno update sites. DTP is under the Database Development feature.

Enthusiast

Thanks! I got it working! My next question which I put in another blog post is how to pass through multiple parameters in the webservice.

I want to pass through for example department ID and date but the wizard creates a service for each of those independently.

In addition, for inputs that generate multiple results, I am getting an error as follows:

Exception: java.rmi.RemoteException: Expected one result (or null) to be returned by selectOne(), but found: 160 Message: java.rmi.RemoteException: Expected one result (or null) to be returned by selectOne(), but found: 160

Any thoughts on how to correct this?! Thanks again

Teradata Employee

Zach, Which wizard are you running? Did you start from a Teradata table, right click and choose 'Create CRUD iBatis SQL Map' and check the box to create a Web Service or enter a SQL statement in the SQL Editor and invoke the wizard that way? Are you following any of the articles on Developer Exchange regarding this topic?

Enthusiast

I started from a Teradata table, right clicked and chose "Create CRUD iBatis SQL Map" and checked the box to create the wizard. I am unaware of how to invoke the wizard via the SQL editor? Can you share how to do that?

I've read your previous article and have seen you youtube video on the topic but I don't know how to invoke the wizard via a custom SQL statement?

Teradata Employee

Zach, Open a Teradata SQL Editor for a Teradata Connection profile. Inside the editor, enter your SQL select statement: such as SELECT * FROM <database>.<table>;. Then right click in the SQL Editor and choose the same option about 'Create an iBatis(MyBatis) SQL Map... menu option about 2/3 down the list. In this case, it will use the select statement as method for the web service and result set returned. You should be able to pass multiple parameters or question marks into the query.

Enthusiast

Thanks for the follow up. One question I do have is where within the SQL statement do I define which parameters I want to pass through? For example- There are 3 columns in my table (date, id, percent) and I want to build a service such that if I input date and id, it will send back the percent.

I don't want to predefine the inputs in the select SQL statement with a specific date or id but allow the user to input him or herself.

Example: Select percent from <db>.<table> where id = "?" and date = "?"

Maybe my snytax is off? I just know where I am supposed to define my parameters?