Error 1327.Invalid Drive: H:\

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Error 1327.Invalid Drive: H:\

During the installation of Teradata Studio the InstallationShield ask for a JRE, providing a textbox and a Browse button.  When I clicked on the Browse button I received the following message:  Error 1327.Invalid Drive: H:\.  Has anyone come across this problem when trying to install Teradata Studio?  If so, how did you fix the error?

v/r,

James Eggert

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Error 1327.Invalid Drive: H:\

Install goes to the Windows Registry and sees where Java is installed and attempts to use that version of the JRE. I am guessing that the H: driver is no longer there or valid. A possible workaround is to reinstall the JRE, which should put a valid (later) version in the registry.

Enthusiast

Thank you for your help!  I researched this error on google and found several, so called fixes that never worked.  Your fix was the only one that actually worked!

v/r,

j1eggert

N/A

I tried re-installing JRE and it did not work for me. My issue turned out to be that my My Documents folder was pointed to my H: drive. Once I changed it to my user profile drive, it worked great. One of my peers had the same issue, but had to change his Favorites target drive from H: to his user profile.