Feature Requests

Teradata Studio

Feature Requests

1. Teradata Studio doesn't display total row in row limit dialog

There isn't a setting or preference in Teradata Studio that will allow the user to display the total number of rows thats provided to the user when the limit dialog pops up. In SQL Assistant the user is notified not only have they returned the 2000 (or what ever they have configured as a limit) rows but also how many rows will be returned if they continue.

2. Teradata Studio doesn't mask the password in the SQL History

If I modify my password in Teradata Studio the SQL History tab doesn't mask the password that was provided in the MODIFY USER command.

3. Reconnect to Database

In SQL Assistant the Reconnect toolbar button makes re-establishing your connection (if forced off) fairly straight-forward. That behavior is not so clear or clumsy in Teradata Studio. There are time when I select Disconnect from the connection which I have been forced off (idle timeout) and I am prompted for a password. It would be nice if there was simply a Reconnect option on the context menu when you right-click on a connection.

4. Modify JDBC Connection Parameters

It seems counterintuitive to change a JDBC connection parameter by having to use the Add button. Perhaps this behavior is normal in Eclipse or other Java IDEs.

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Feature Requests

Rob,  

1. There is an issue wit the JDBC driver that we need resolved so that we can safely retrieve the total row count of the result set. 

2. We will look into this one. The SQL History View doesn't parse the SQL being executed in the SQL Editor to determine what to display or mask. 

3. & 4. Also features we will look into.

Thank you for your comments.

Thank you for the update! Hopefully you can remediate the JDBC driver issue soon.

Excited to see this feature - all in all, like this better than SQL assistant