Hadoop Databases not found

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Hadoop Databases not found

Hi

Running hdp vm 2.1, TD Studio  15.10.00 (on MAC) (no problems with 15.10.3 TD Studio express on MAC)

connect to HDP VM, and cannot pull up Hadoop databases on HDP... exact same configuration as my TD Studio express which works

Suggestions?

thanks

18 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Hadoop Databases not found

Norm, There was a problem fixed in Studio 15.10.00.01 regarding Hive Hadoop support. Can you upgrade Studio to our latest version, 15.10.00.03?

Teradata Employee

i think i'm there already, here's the zip file i installed: 

TeradataStudio__mac_x86.15.10.00.03

the about help.. 15.10.3.2015..studio base feature , feature

thanks

Teradata Employee

Norm, Yes, that is the latest version. When it comes to Hadoop, the main difference between Studio and Studio Express is that Studio Express only supports running HiveQL statements. The connection profile management and Data Source Explorer display of Databases and Tables is the same code. Is there some difference in how the HDP VM is configured in the connection profile? Is there any error messages in the Studio error logs? The error logs are in your workspace directory, <Workspace>/.metadata/.log and /.metadata/Teradata/teradata.log.

Teradata Employee

attached a snibbet of the log..  i can send the whole log if needed.. thanks

MESSAGE Could not connect to HDP 2.1 VM.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity 2 -1 2015-08-10 18:38:36.487

!MESSAGE Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to HDP 2.1 VM. (Error: Hadoop not configured to run jobs by this application.)

!STACK 0

java.lang.Exception: Hadoop not configured to run jobs by this application.

at com.teradata.datatools.hadoop.hive.connectivity.HiveConnection.openTdchConnection(HiveConnection.java:403)

at com.teradata.datatools.hadoop.hive.connectivity.HiveConnection.createConnection(HiveConnection.j

Teradata Employee

Norm, In Studio, if you are going to perform data transfer between Hadoop and Teradata, so choose the TDCH (Teradata Data Transfers) option, you need to install and configure TDCH, Teradata Connector for Hadoop, on your Hadoop system. The error message you attached appears to indicate that TDCH has not been configured. 

Teradata Employee

agreed.. i was trying to just connect.. BUT, i went back to the configuration and unticked TDCH, and was able to bring up the list of databases... even though i hadn't tried to use TDCH...

so solved..thanks for the quick response

Teradata Employee

OK, glad it is working. We try to avoid the errors later on by confirming the connection configuration information.

Teradata Employee

I am facing similar issue. I have installed TDCH on HDP VM 2.1 From HDP i can transfer to/from HDFS to Teradata and vice versa but when it comes to TD studio Data Transfer is not working. When I click TDCH and enter login details, i am able to ping successfully but No databases are listed in the drop down. As I unclick the TDCH I am able to query HIVE tables. Is there any other setting than installing TDCH on HDFS to make Data Transfer work.

TDCH installed is teradata-connector-1.4.0-hadoop2.x.noarch.rpm

TD Studio is TeradataStudio__win64_x86.15.10.00.03.zip

HDP is Hortonworks Sandbox 2.2

In the studio log file I see 

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity 2 -1 2015-08-12 15:06:24.739

!MESSAGE Error creating Hadoop Hortonworks Connection Factory connection to Local_Hadoop. (Error: Hadoop not configured to run jobs by this application.)

!STACK 0
Teradata Employee

Just to add i uninstalled tdch 1.4.0 and installed teradata-connector-1.3.4-hdp2.2.noarch.rpm

still the same issue.