How Do You Create A Teradata Database?

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Re: How Do You Create A Teradata Database?

Julio, Studio Express includes an option for a Generic JDBC connection but you would need to download a JDBC driver for your database you are connection to. It also needs to support the JDBC APIs.

Hi,

I installed teradata studio express  and i want to use this teradata as server connection , when i creating connection profile it was showing error as javaexception connection refused . I have tried all the ways of server name as TEST, LOCALHOST, and my ip address too. can u find out the way

Thanks,

JAIRAM REDDY

Teradata Employee

Jairam,

Studio Express is a tool for connecting to Teradata, it isn't a Teradata system. Since you've tried connecting to addresses such as "TEST", "LOCALHOST" and your own IP address as the location of the Teradata system I'm guessing you're expecting a Teradata system to be on your system.

If you are trying to connect to a system that isn't running a Teradata system, such as with Teradata Express (see: http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/teradata-express-for-vmware-player), the "Connection Refused" exception is what you'll see (since there isn't a Teradata system there to respond).

I want to connect to teradata system from my datastage using teradata connector. So is there any other process to use my own system as teradata system other than vmware. 

Teradata Employee

Jairam, The other option is running Teradata with Amazon EC2. The download link is http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/teradata-express/amazon-ec2.

I have installed only teradata studio and would like to create teradata database. But it shows same error "connection refused" while creating teradata database .

Do i need to install another teradata setup??

Teradata Employee

Surbhi, I was able to recreate the 'Connection refused' error by giving an invalid port number for my Teradata Server. The default port is 1025. Have you changed the port number or should it be changed?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi I thought I'd try to instal this again as the last time I gave up after it failed. I am currently running windows 10. I have downloaded TDE 14.00.03.02 for VMware (4GB) which VM ware player should I instal?​ How and where do I set up TD Studio express from?

Teradata Employee

@newb1, Please post your Teradata VM question to "Teradata Database on VM" forum. As for Studio Express, you can download it from the Developer Exchange Download page.

Hi, I am new user of Teradata Express VMware. I have been able to create a database connection using the default Teradata JDBC connection properties i.e. User Name/Domain: dbc Password: dbc How can I create my own username and password? I basically want to create a new database, user and tables.