How get the Hadoop System option in New Connection Profile.

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

How get the Hadoop System option in New Connection Profile.

I am trying to connect Mapr Hadoop and Teradata using TDCH. I have successfully installed the TDCH on MapR Hadoop.

Now I want to create new Connection Profile, but I am unable to see the Hadoop System option in Teradata studio 15. Please tell me how to get it.

13 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: How get the Hadoop System option in New Connection Profile.

Mayur, We have not certified Studio with Mapr Hadoop. Aside from that, the Connection Profile is launched from the Data Source Explorer, right click on Database Connections>New or from the Data Source Explorer toolbar (New Connection Profile).

Enthusiast

@fgrimmer: I am unable to see the Hadoop system option in "Connection Profile Type" , how do I get this option.

Teradata Employee

Are you running Studio or Studio Express? Are there any exceptions in the teradata.log, located in your <workspace directory>/.metadata/Teradata directory?

Enthusiast

I am using Teradata Studio Express nt-x8664 also the log details are as follows

2015-02-02 09:26:25,709 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Unexpected database version 0.x, using latest version's parser

Please let me know how do I get the hadoop system option.

Teradata Employee

Mayur, Teradata Studio Express does not support Hadoop. You will need to download our Teradata Studio product to get the Hadoop and Hadoop Smart Load features.

Enthusiast

Thanks fgrimmer for your support, can you please provide me with the specific link, getting little jumbled up with many options to download.

Teradata Employee

Sure. Here is the link for Terdata Studio download:http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-studio

Enthusiast

@fgrimmer:

I would like to know why Teradata Studio Express does not support hadoop? I could see there is a connection for HDP but Genric Hadoop system shows as Unsuported.

My understanding is Express is for Developer and Business people. Why hadoop is not supported here? 

Studio is for DBA and Power USer which supports Generic Hadoop with web hdfs but if we want to distribute it to the user we don`t want to give them DBA functioanlity. Is it possible to turn off DBA from studio?

Teradata Employee

Soumya, Starting in version 15.10, Studio Express supports Hadoop connections for running HiveQL SQL (JDBC).  If it is showing up in Unsupported, it's possible that the connection profile was imported and contained non Studio Express options. Can you try creating a Connection Profile using the Connection Profile Wizard, choosing the JDBC or Knox option.