How to solve the error "Creating connections to local Teradata Database has encountered a problem" ?

Teradata Studio

How to solve the error "Creating connections to local Teradata Database has encountered a problem" ?

I'm a new Teradata user. I just installed Teradata Express VM edtion. When I open Teradata Express Studio, I get the error mentioned above in the title. 

Further I get following details regarding the error:

Could not connect to Local Teradata Database.

Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to Local Teradata Database. (Error: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 15.00.00.09] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.)

[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 15.00.00.09] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

Error creating Teradata Database connection to Local Teradata Database. (Error: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 15.00.00.09] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.)

[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 15.00.00.09] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

What should I do? Please help. 

5 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: How to solve the error "Creating connections to local Teradata Database has encountered a problem" ?

Well, the error message is self-explaining: 

The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

You used a wrong username or password.

Re: How to solve the error "Creating connections to local Teradata Database has encountered a problem" ?

Hello dnoeth,

Isn't the default userId and password "root" and "root"?

I entered the same. Or do I first need to create a database on localhost, using the create DATABASE command?

I opened the teradata studio directly without creating any database first. 

Enthusiast

The first user on the database is dbc/dbc. Is that what you are looking for?

Hey Mr. Vink,

Thanks a lot, I didn't know that, but it worked.  :)

I thought that the database credentials must be same as the OS login creds like in Windows.

Senior Apprentice

There's a link on the download site "how to install and configure Teradata Express for VMware." :-)

http://downloads.teradata.com/node/415