Import failure

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Import failure

I am attempting to import 9,302,234 records.  Each record has just two VARCHAR2(40) fields.

Studio loads 8,067,727 of them (super fast by the way), and says "failed".

Is there any way to find out why it failed?

One other question, both literal fields consist only of numeric digits, the first one can be 1 - 23 digits, and the second one always 8 digits.  I defined the target database with VARCHAR2(40) so that these would load as literals (I don't think I need to put any ' marks around the data), but for some reason for the larger number is loading the notation like 5.04888884560839E+23

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Import failure

Thanks, you pointed me to the message (ps, I'm using Studio 15.12.02):

Load Warning(s):
SQL WARNING from connection: State = HY000, Error Code = 1163, Warning = java.sql.SQLWarning: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 15.10.00.23] [Error 1163] [SQLState HY000] Found 1234508 duplicate or faulty row(s) while ending FastLoad of database table "TEST_DB"."IMPORT_TEST": expected a row count of 9302234, got a row count of 8067726.

The input data should be clean and free from dups.  Maybe the difference is related to Scientific notation conversion on what I want to be a varchar literal (all positions are numbers).  What can I do to signal Studio to treat the numbers as literals?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

The data transfer job (import) output is provided in the Job Output for the entry in the Transfer History Viewer. If you are running Studio, switch to the Data Transfer Perspective and the Transfer History View is at the bottom. If you are running Studio Express, you need to open the Transfer History View (go to Window>Show View and select Transfer History View). Locate the entry in the Transfer History Viewer and press the Transfer Job Output toolbar button.

Enthusiast

Thanks, you pointed me to the message (ps, I'm using Studio 15.12.02):

Load Warning(s):
SQL WARNING from connection: State = HY000, Error Code = 1163, Warning = java.sql.SQLWarning: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 15.10.00.23] [Error 1163] [SQLState HY000] Found 1234508 duplicate or faulty row(s) while ending FastLoad of database table "TEST_DB"."IMPORT_TEST": expected a row count of 9302234, got a row count of 8067726.

The input data should be clean and free from dups.  Maybe the difference is related to Scientific notation conversion on what I want to be a varchar literal (all positions are numbers).  What can I do to signal Studio to treat the numbers as literals?