Installing Teradata Eclipse Plugin Breaks running DTD againsdt other platforms?

Teradata Studio

Installing Teradata Eclipse Plugin Breaks running DTD againsdt other platforms?

I installed the latest teradata studio into mars2, and when i open a .sql file using the normal eclipse editor, all of the "execute options" are disabled for non teradata sources?

How can i have both the teradata features but not break the standard DTD functionality for other jdbc types?

Think about this use case. I connect to say Oracle, run an export, then use the teradata functions to do a jdbc fastload?

now i can't run queries against Oracle.

Thoughts?

8 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Installing Teradata Eclipse Plugin Breaks running DTD againsdt other platforms?

Cole, When you open a SQL Editor for Oracle, make sure you are using the SQL File Editor and not the Teradata SQL Editor.  From the Project Explorer, right click on the file and choose Open With> SQL File Editor.

Re: Installing Teradata Eclipse Plugin Breaks running DTD againsdt other platforms?

When i did that, and i right click in my editor, with the sql highlighted that i want to run.  "execute current statement" is greyed out.

If i go to my sql results view from previous sql from before i installed the teradata plugin, and right click on one of them and select "reexecute" i get a information dialog with "The chosen operation is not enabled".

Teradata Employee

Cole, we are looking into this issue.

Teradata Employee

Cole, This appears to be an issue with Mars 4.5.2 and a change in an Eclipse API that we are calling. We will get this resolved in our 15.11 release scheduled for next month.

Great Thanks!

Enthusiast

Issue appears to be there with 15.11 Plugin for eclipse, I installed 15.11 plugin but execute query option is gryed out for non-Teradata systems.

Teradata Employee

We found a class changed from the previous version of Eclipse so we thought rebuilding with the latest Eclipse Mars version would resolve this. We will look further into this. What version of Eclipse are you running?

Enthusiast

Below is Eclipse version that I am running.

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)

Build id: 20160218-0600