Is there a way to indicate if you have submitted a query in Teradata Studios

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Is there a way to indicate if you have submitted a query in Teradata Studios

Hello,

I have recently moved to Teradata Studios for Teradata SQL Assistant, when I ran queries within Teradata SQL Assistant the screen went pink after I sent off a query. Is there a way to configure the UI to do this in Teradata Studios. Everything is done in the backgroud which is rather annoying when your use to Teradata SQL Assistant.

Regards

Sean

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Is there a way to indicate if you have submitted a query in Teradata Studios

Sean, It sounds like the option is set for the SQL Execution to be 'Run in the Background'. There is a Progress Monitor view that will show the running queries. To open the view, go to Window>Show View>Other... and choose General>Progress.

You can change the setting to not 'Run in the Background' and it will pop up a display message while the query is running. To change the preference, go to Window>Preferences and select the General preference page. Uncheck the 'Always run in background setting'.

Enthusiast

Re: Is there a way to indicate if you have submitted a query in Teradata Studios

Thank you for your assistants, that has help. Is there any other way of Teradata Studios indicating when its completed a query? 

I have been using Teradata SQL Assistant for about two years and it always hightlighted the backgroud pink after I sent a query off and also gave me a message like "executing query" or "submitting query". If there no such function in Teradata Studio's?

Enthusiast

I have done the change you advised which helps a lot thank you. 

Teradata Employee

Sean, There is an indication in Studio, a green progress bar at the bottom right hand corner that shows a running query.