Loading text file to Teradata Table in Teradata Studio

Teradata Studio
SAP
N/A

Loading text file to Teradata Table in Teradata Studio

Hi ,

Please let me know how to import data from .txt file to teradata tables using Teradata Studio 15 .

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Loading text file to Teradata Table in Teradata Studio

Sibhi, Switch to the Data Transfer Perspective then locate the table in the Data Sourec Explorer that you want to load into. Right click on the table and choose Data>Load Data... menu option. This will launch the Data Transfer Wizard. For Source Type, choose External File. This will launch the Teradata Load Wizard.

SAP
N/A

Thanks grimmer !!!

Teradata Employee

Hi Francine,

I have a strange issue with the load wizard. It seems to have been introduced in the latest TD Studio version (as far as I can tell).

I am using Studio version 15.00.02.201411070658

When loading from a delimited external file (e.g. pipe or tab delimited both exhibit this issue) using the Load Wizard, the "Data Transfer" says it's transferred the records as expected successfully, yet the table has no rows in it when I try to query it.

TMODE=TERA

The first row contains the field names and I checked the check box in the wizard accordingly.

Lock table check box is not checked.

Column delimiter is tab

Character String delimiter is none

File encoding is UTF-8

Job Details log:

Starting Load...

Load Task

Loading data...

Load Successful.

560175 Rows Processed

560174 Rows Loaded

The database version is TD 1410.

I haven't tried this particular file in Studio version 15.00.01, but I did other files without issue.

Are there any settings I need to check or could it be a bug?

regards,

Paul

Teradata Employee

Paul, I am not aware of any problems with Teradata Load. What is returned if you get a Row Count (right click on the table in DSE and choose Teradata>Row Count)? What kind of query are you running? If you change the TMODE to ANSI does that change the data returned in the query?

Hello,

Do you think it is possible to upload a text file to a teradata VOLATILE table using Teradata Studio?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Valeria

Teradata Employee

Valeria, We have recently added this functionality in our 15.11 implementation, scheduled for release beginning of June.

Ah OK so it will be possible starting from june correct?

Hello,

do you know when the new release 15.11 will be available in June? I mean the day.

Thanks,

Valeria

Teradata Employee

Valeria, we are planning to have this on the download site by the end of this week, so June 3rd.