Location of stored SQL queries inexplicably changes

Teradata Studio
Fan

Location of stored SQL queries inexplicably changes

Hi all -

I've run into an error where the location for my stored SQL queries intermittently changes to another drive (a network drive). When this happens I lose the workspace that I had previously setup on my local C drive. I can't think of anything I'm doing to cause this to happen but it seems that it could be related to when I download other Teradata tools such as TD Wallet (this could just be phantom correlation though).

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem or might have an idea of a fix. Thanks!

I've attached a screenshot of the location parameter that changes (I couldn't see an image upload option so I've linked an external image).

http://postimg.org/image/vdczox8nr/

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Location of stored SQL queries inexplicably changes

SQL files can be stored in the SQL Project within your workspace or externally in your client file system. If you do store them externally, they will need to be imported to the workspace to be opened in the SQL Editor. If they are store in your SQL project, within the workspace, and the workspace moves then the SQL project moves with it. The project is a directory in the workspace.

Fan

Hi thank you for your response. That makes sense but I was trying to see if there was any knowledge around the storage path inexplicably and randomly changing to a path on my U:/ drive. Thank you!

Teradata Employee

The Studio workspace by default is created in the directory "workspace-studio" in your user's home directory. Is it possible that your home directory has changed from somewhere on the C: drive to the U: drive? Do you have roaming profiles and the location of your home changed between logins?

You can change the workspace location by modifying the shortcut to Studio or by creating a new one and add the parameter at the end of the "Target" field of the shortcut to "-data workspace-location" where "workspace-location" is the full path to the directory you want the workspace to be.

Can you change the path where TD Studio is storing SQL scripts and history?  I would like to change it from a local drive (c:\) to a network drive that is backed up.

Teradata Employee

As mentioned above by Chuckbert, you can provide the -data command line option when launching Teradata Studio to point it to a new location for the workspace, for example a network drive.