Managing Roles in Teradata Studio 14.10

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Managing Roles in Teradata Studio 14.10

In the GUI I can create a Role and assign users to that Role.

My questions:

Where can I see which authorisations that are granted to a role?

How and where can I grant Select on a database to a Role? It seems that I only can grant Select/Insert/Update/Delete on objects within a database and not on Database level? I prefer to do it on database level to keep it simple.

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Managing Roles in Teradata Studio 14.10

If you select your database from the Data Source Explorer, right click and choose Grant/Revoke>Priviliges to bring up the Priviliges Dialog. Next, you can filter on the object type by checking the Object type checkbox, then choose the object type from the drop down list.  You can choose the To Object as Roles to see the Priviliges granted for a role. Click the Display tab to show the list.  You may not have permission to grant Select. you can check in the Display tab.

Enthusiast

I might be doing something wrong, but in this dialog I can not see how to grant Select/Insert/Update/Delete on a database? I do not want to grant anything on the objects inside the database, I want to grant on the database itself, like this:

Grant Select, Insert,Update,Delete on MyDatabase to MyRole;

If I choose a database and no Object-types these 4 privileges does not show up. I only see a list of alter, create, drop etc.

By granting these 4 privileges on databaselevel it will include all existing and future objects in that database. This is a very nice way to do databaseadministration, I have practiced this for many years. I do not want to grant it on each existing objects in the database.

s_1
Enthusiast

hi Exports,

A,B,C are Indivedual role's.

what is the relation those like

1. one role to assign  maximum homany roles/users/dtabases ?

2. supose above diagram role B is assigned to A and Role C is assigned to A incase role B is used to other role ?

3. if u have any other relation information plz give me the guide.

Teradata Employee

Please refer to the Teradata Database Database Administration documentation for more information on assigning roles and profiles. Latest version is B035-1093-112A.