Need help on export file option in tereadata studio express

Teradata Studio

Need help on export file option in tereadata studio express

Hi All,

i am trying to export my result set from Teradata studio express but am getting the below error while exporting data, how can over come this error.

Failed to Export result set

Reason: Gc overhead limit exceeded out of memory.

export has used all of the java heap memory. you can increase the java heap memory by increasing the memory values in the .ini file.

Refer to the troubleshooting section of the Help contents

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Need help on export file option in tereadata studio express

Abhilash, It sounds like your result set is very large. Your best option is to use the Export Mode setting.  This will execute the query and send the result set directly to the export file instead of displaying it in the Result Set Viewer. The Export Data wizard is invoked when the query completes. There is a toolbar option in the SQL Editor or you can check the Export Mode box in the SQL Handling preference page.

Hi Fgrimmer, just now i tried that option and its working fine for CSV extenssions and am unable to export the file in excel format, after selecting excel format "finish" button going do disable mode... can you help me on this?? TIA 

Teradata Employee

Abhilash, Make sure the extension on the Output File matches the File Type. For Excel (.xlsx) or Excel 97-2003 (.xls). There should be an error message at top of wizard indicating an error.