Next Word and Previous Word treat underscores as delimiters

Teradata Studio

Next Word and Previous Word treat underscores as delimiters

I'm sure this is an oldie but goodie, but a search turned up nothing, so here goes.  In Teradata Studio, double-clicking to select a word_with_underscores works fine, but the Next Word (ctrl+right) and Previous Word (ctrl+left) commands treat underscores as delimiters.  It's aggravating when I have to use the commands so many times to_get_past_variable_names_like_this.

I've looked, but can't find a way to configure the Next Word and Previous Word commands to ignore underscores.  Is there a way?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Next Word and Previous Word treat underscores as delimiters

This appears to be an operating system behavior used by Eclipse. Studio and Studio Express are based on the the latest version of Eclipse (Neon). There is a Bugzilla reported to Eclipse for this problem (Bug 67381), to fix the smart caret navigation so that it does not stop at underscores or inbetween camelCase words. Eclipse has released the fix for the Java Editor, with a preference for smart caret to override operating system behavior.  But the Bugzilla has been requested for all text editors as part of the fix. We hope this will be resolved soon..