No Error Feedback from Teradata Studio

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

No Error Feedback from Teradata Studio

Greetings--

Is anyone else experiencing a  lack of error feedback using Teradata Studio?

At one point, my installation (15.12) would tell me or clue me in on what would be wrong with my code (ie 'no such table', 'expecting something between FROM', etc) and then all of a 'sudden' it stopped giving feedback and would simply just do nothing. It has helped that I've adjusted my settings to at least give a sound of error.

Granted, it has made me more cognizant of my queries but still ultimately frustrating that I must go to SQL Assistant if I remain stumped as to why Studio is not producing results.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone come across some solutions to remedy this?

-TCL

• error
  • error handling
  • feedback
  • studio
  • Teradata
  • troubleshooting
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: No Error Feedback from Teradata Studio

TCL,

I am assuming this is happening when you execute from the SQL Editor? Are you choosing Execute All or Execute as Individual? Are there any syntax errors (red underscore) in the SQL? Can you open the Error Log viewer (go to Window>Show View>Other...>General>Error Log) and see if any exceptions were thrown.

Teradata Employee

Another observation is that if you have selected a single word within your SQL, by choice or accident, the execute will do nothing with that word. If you are highlighting (selecting), make sure it is a SQL statement it can execute.

Enthusiast

FGrimmer,

I don't get any syntax errors (red underlines) to show up either. I'll take a look at my error log though--it may be different than the sql log view windows.

Thanks for replying!