Not working: Default connection for new SQL files

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Not working: Default connection for new SQL files

Under Preferences > Data Management > SQL Development > SQL Editor > SQL Files/Scrapbooks, there's a setting for "Default connection information for new SQL files/scrapbooks".  From here, the user selects the database type and name.  This setting doesn't seem to be working for me.  I have it set for a particular Teradata connection.  Upon launch of Studio Express, the initial SQL editor window defaults to another connection profile that I have (an Aster one in my case) instead of Teradata.  When I open up additional editor tabs, they tend to also default to the same Aster connection.  Sometimes though, new editors do default to Teradata, but I haven't taken particular note under what specific circumstances they do that.  Is this a bug that needs to be fixed?  Does anyone else have this problem?

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Not working: Default connection for new SQL files

Steven, This option is used for the SQL File Editor and not the Teradata SQL Editor. The SQL File Editor is for non-Teradata connection profiles, such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server. If you want the new Teradata SQL Editor to refer to your connection profile, select your connection profile in the Data Source Explorer(DSE), then use the DSE toolbar button 'Open SQL Editor'. This will open a Teradata SQL Editor with the Connection Profile set to your connection profile.

Enthusiast

That's interesting.  Then how come selecting Teradata is an option in the preferences?

Teradata Employee

Because it grabs all of the known connection types and versions supported for this preference. You could select Teradata using the SQL File Editor but you don't get any of the features we have added. It is pretty bare bones.