Problem with Teradata Studio and Teradata Studio Express: The second query is running forever

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Problem with Teradata Studio and Teradata Studio Express: The second query is running forever

Good afternoon, 

Iniitially , i was using TD studio Express and everything was fine until I installed the ADE Eclipse ( Aster Developpment Environment).

Then, my teradata studio express became unreliable. I did a repair and desintalled Eclipse.

the first query is running properly but the second query is running for ever and freeze the system.

Then I decided to desinstalled Express and have studio only : I got the same answer.

the first query is running properly but the second query is running for ever and freeze the system.

Any help on this situation ? 

Thanks for this.

Didier

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Problem with Teradata Studio and Teradata Studio Express: The second query is running forever

Didier, You can have both Studio Express and Studio running on the same machine. They use different workspace directories. But Eclipse and Studio Express by default use the same workspace directory and this will cause problems. If you are running Eclipse and Studio Express, rename the workspace directory when you launch Studio Express (using the -data option on the command line).  Are your queries running against an Aster Database? If so, there are problems with canceling queries that we are aware of and working on resolving the issue in the database, JDBC driver, and Studio. Can you check on your Aster AMC to see if your query is still running or to kill the query?