Query Builder Questions

Teradata Studio

Query Builder Questions

Hello. I have been messing with the query builder for a bit and I have a few questions.  I am using version 15.10.10.201511052035

Is there any way to adjust the columns by dragging and dropping? For example, I have clicked on fields A,B,C,D in that order. I now want the fields to show as D,A,B,C. The only way I can figure out how to do this via the builder is to uncheck the boxes in the table and then re add them. This seems like it would take a lot of time to do if there are a large amount of fields in the query already built.

Is there anyway to maximize or Dock the query builder window? Or is there a way for the program to remember the last size setting?

Is there a way to drag and drop fields into the condition section?

Appreciate any help.

thanks

Gregg

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Query Builder Questions

Gregg, You can't drag and drop into the SQL window of the Query Builder but you can drag and drop from the DSE into the SQL Editor. If you click OK to save the SQL into the SQL Editor, then drag and drop that way. 

Another option is to use Content Assist in the SQL Window of the SQL Query Builder to add columns.

When you talk about docking the SQL Query Builder, one option is to save your SQL to a file in the Project Explorer. In the Project Explorer, select your SQL file, right click and choose Open With SQL Query Builder. This will open the SQL Query Builder as a window in the SQL Editor area. Again, drag and drop is not enabled for SQL Query Builder.

I hope this helps.

Re: Query Builder Questions

Thanks Francine. Good information to know. The drag and drop limitation in the builder is unfortunate. Maybe something possible in future builds? Having to go back to the DSE kind of works. But it seems to take away from the ease of a GUI. Plus commas do not seem to correct themselves if you move something from the end to the front. Thank you again for taking the time respond. - Gregg