Re: Result set unreadable on system with a high resolution display

I am still seeing the issue in

Version: 16.10.1.201708101349

Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

JCM
Fan

I have the same issue, the row width is too small and even if you select all rows and use the "Auto Resize Row" function, the header would still be only half visible making it very difficult to find columns. Is there a setting for Row size that can be changed to avoid this issue?

Bourmatnov wrote:

I am still seeing the issue in

Version: 16.10.1.201708101349

Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

Enthusiast

In Windows 10 (Type DISPLAY to bring up window) I lowered the screen resolution and the problem resolved itself.  Now even in 1920 X 1080 it still seems okay after taking that step to lower it once then raise it back up.  Strange behavior... May have to do with the extended display monitor type I use.   In any event, changing resolution via trial and error is probably the answer for you also.

Keep in mind you have to restart the app and maybe the machine also for changes to be absorbed into Studio.

Paul

JCM
Fan

Thanks Paul,

My monitor resolution was already 1920x1080, but your comment made me realize that under System/Display/Customize your display settings (Right click on desktop background and select Display settings), the "Change the size of text, apps and other items" slider was set to 125% and that might have been it. I set it back to 100% and signed out and back in and it did fix it. 

As a separate comment, Windows 10 has a "feature" that may be causing this issue as well for some, the actual scaling configuration being used by Windows depends on the monitor configuration you have at Log In and will remain until you sign out and back again. So if you log in from a remote desktop with lower resolution and don't log out (disconnecting from remote desktop doesn't count, needs to be a log out) that would also affect the display settings when you use it locally. 

The response from Teradata employees are unacceptable.  There must be a patch release rather than a temporary workaround each time the result set is run.