SQL Editor Doesn't Allow Running of Multiple Simultaneous Queries

Teradata Studio

SQL Editor Doesn't Allow Running of Multiple Simultaneous Queries

I have recently upgraded to Teradata Studio 15.10.11 from version 14.10. After this upgrade, I am no longer able to run multiple simultaneous queries from the same SQL Editor window, which I have always been able to do by highlighting the desired statement and selecting the button 'Execute as individual statments' on the toolbar within the Editor window. By doing this, I've been able to create all the queries I want in the same window, and select them to run whenever I want, sometimes running a dozen different queries at the same time. Also, everyone at our company who uses TS, utilizes this technique for running queries, for the entire 4 years since we've acquired Teradata. 

Now when I try this, the entire Editor toolbar is greyed out (including the run (execute) button), preventing me from running any other queries until this one is completed. 

I know the version we're using isn't the most recent, but we have been able to do this on all previous versions for years, and suddenly it's not functioning any longer. Is this a bug, or is there some kind of configuration setting that must be enabled in order for this to work as it always has? 

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: SQL Editor Doesn't Allow Running of Multiple Simultaneous Queries

Perhaps the prior behavior was judged misleading? You can (still) right-click in the editor window and "Execute" multiple requests. But actually, they will queue within Studio until the connection becomes idle, just as they did before.

Running multiple different queries at the same time requires multiple connections.