SQL History Result column maximized and now cannot be resized

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

SQL History Result column maximized and now cannot be resized

I double clicked on the right column header separator for the Results column in the Teradata SQL History - SQL Summary group and now it is off the screen and I cannot resize it back down. The main window that Studio runs in appears to be limited in its ability to expand the width of the main window. Help!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/505611/Teradata%20Studio%20Error.jpg

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: SQL History Result column maximized and now cannot be resized

The column sizes of the SQL History table are stored in a preference file in the Studio workspace. If you remove that file the column sizes will go back to their default sizes. Perhaps we should add an action to the SQL History's toolbar to do that!

The file is located in:

%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\workspace-studio\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings

The file in that folder to remove (or just rename) is: com.teradata.datatools.sqldev.history.prefs

Teradata Employee

By the way, what do you mean that Studio is "limited in its ability to expand the width of the main window"?

Enthusiast

If I take Teradata Studio out of full screen maximized mode, the window cannot be made large enough by dragging the right window boundry to the right. 

Enthusiast

Thanks Chuck! That worked! I changed the value COLUMN_WIDTH_4=20727 to COLUMN_WIDTH_4=20 and was able to get it to work. You rock!