Friends, I need to export a table between two servers, but I get the following error in trasnfer history:
This is just a warning, indicating that the export used NO SPOOL mode.
Simply ignore it :-)
I receive the same error message. There are 70k rows in the source table, after the trasfer runs, there are no records in the target table. I don't think this falls into the "simply ignore it" category. Any other suggestions.
Upon further investigation I have found that I can append rows to the destination table, I just can't use the replace existing. There is no error that I receive when trying to use replace existing, just the warning as shown by the OP. For now, I have resolved the issue by manually deleting records in my destination table, and by then running the data load using the append data method.
You got the exactly the same error message: "FastExport WITH NO SPOOL is being used"?
Then you can still ignore it, there must be something else.
Btw, FastExport doesn't load, so there's no target table.
Oops, I didn't notice that it's a transfer using TD Studio, of course then there's a target table :)
Strange, replace existing used to work for me....
Jason, Are there any exceptions in the error log? These should also show in the Job Output for the Data Transfer.
No exceptions, just the same NO SPOOL warning. I'm posting this message with the little timer still spinning next to my upload. I'm hoping it attaches.
Jason, The replace option will do what you are doing manually, delete all the rows and insert. I am wondering if the 'Delete table' is failing. There are 2 error logs in your workspace /.metadata directory. One is .log and the other is in /Teradata/teradata.log.
I am wondering if the 'Delete table' is failing.
If the process actually deletes the table, then it probably is silently failing, becuase I wouldn't think that I'd have that ability, even in test. My understanding of replace existing would be since we've just clicked 'export data', that only the data would be deleted, not the structure.
The .log didn't seem to have anything of relevance, but the teradata.log had some items that might be of interest. I saw both of these messages, multiple times, and since I tried to export data using the replace existing method multiple times, that makes sense. (BTW this forum does not make pasting into a post very easy ;)
Teradata Datatools [Thread-33] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.fastload - A null update count was returned! (x 288)
c.t.datatools.transfer.progress - Pipe broken ...
c.teradata.datatools.dtp.fastexport - java.io.IOException: Read end dead
Hope this helps drive someone else trying to figure this out to the thread as well.