Silent Install Teradata Client 14.10 - .NET Not Installing

Teradata Studio

Silent Install Teradata Client 14.10 - .NET Not Installing

Hello,

I am trying to deploy the Teradata Client via the silent install bat file with OBDC, .NET, and SQL Assistant (silent_install.bat "SQLA,TDNETDP") to 64 bit machines and when running with System context, it will not install the .NET Data Provider.  When running with user context (as admin on machine) it will install all products including .NET.  The logging for each install of TDNETDP is very different, the System context log is short and shows a few indications of issues-

MSI (s) (58:20) [11:08:16:520]: MainEngineThread is returning 3

MSI (s) (58:20) [11:08:16:520]: Note: 1: 2203 2: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Downloaded Installations\{35E87C55-83E9-4948-ABC5-7A8514157914}\.NET Data Provider for Teradata.msi 3: -2147287037 

Erorr 2203 appears to be a permissions issue but I cannot determine where the issue is.  The folder it is referring to does not exist (C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Downloaded Installations). 

MainEngineThread return code 3 is different that what is in the User context/admin install log so I thought that may also be an indication of an issue but cannot pinpoint it.

Has anyone had any experience with this?  I am planning on depoying this package using SCCM to a user base that is not admin on machine so it must use the System context.  I appreciate any input, advice, or recommendations.  

Accepted Solutions

Re: Silent Install Teradata Client 14.10 - .NET Not Installing

I decided to split the .NET Data Provider installation apart from the Client (ODBC/SQLA) installation.  I then could get the .NET EXE to run silently so I extracted the MSI which I was able to successfully apply silent switches to.  .NET is now being deployed as a dependency for the Teradata client and everything installs fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Senior Apprentice

Hi,

I searched on StackOverflow for something similar and found the following:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21846381/error-2203-while-extracting-msi

In that case the problem was that the installer was downloaded to the same folder as named in 'TargetFolder'.

"I had this problem due to something stupid on my part, but figured I would post in case anyone else tries this. For this extraction command line (and others I presume), DO NOT have the msi you are extracting in same folder as TARGETDIR. The windows installer seems to lock the folder during the extraction process and therefore the contents cannot be written to the same folder."

If not that then have you checked if an anti-virus program preventing the install (possibly not if it works under user a/c)?

Also, I'm assuming that the "-2147287037" at the end of teh log message is the decimal version of the error code = 0x80030003. This might give you some extra pointers.

HTH

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com

I decided to split the .NET Data Provider installation apart from the Client (ODBC/SQLA) installation.  I then could get the .NET EXE to run silently so I extracted the MSI which I was able to successfully apply silent switches to.  .NET is now being deployed as a dependency for the Teradata client and everything installs fine.