Studio 15.10 Data Transfer Wizard does not trigger a transfer job

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Studio 15.10 Data Transfer Wizard does not trigger a transfer job

Hi,

I have just upgraded from Studio 15.00 to 15.10.00.03 and now the Data Transfer Wizard no longer seems to work.

The dialogue appears, details the correct source and destination tables and columns, but then when I hit 'Finish', nothing appears in the Transfer Progress View, or the Transfer History View.

This is the same whether copying data to an existing table, or creating a new table. In the latter case, I have cut & pasted the CREATE TABLE statement to check I have privs to create the table. The source is TD 14.00 and the target, 14.10.

Where can I look to see where/why/how this process is failing ? 

I have changed the Datatools Logging Level and Console Display Loggin Filter both to DEBUG, and I am watching the Transfer Progress View, Transfer History View, Console view, Error Log view, Problems view, and Progress view, and there is nothing in any of them (apart from a couple of popup Menu warnings in the Error Log which are not triggered by this wizard).

Thanks.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Studio 15.10 Data Transfer Wizard does not trigger a transfer job

Perhaps adding another logger for a plugin would help, but how do I find out the list of plugins being used that I can configure a Logger for ? The manual gives the example of com.teradata.datatools.dtp.catalog, but what others are there ?

Teradata Employee

Neil, Hopefully you received my response on ATR. We have fixed this issue and hope to have a fix revision out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dear fgrimmer,

I get the same problem.

Please give me solution to fix it.

Thanks,

Dennis.

Teradata Employee

Dennis, As posted on the Studio article: If you are using 15.10.00.03, there is a bug when copying from Teradata to Teradata. This has been fixed. To workaround this issue, you would need to select your table in the source Teradata system and copy to External File. Then in your Destination Teradata system, use the Data Transfer wizard to launch Smart Loader and create the new table and load the data. If the destination table already exists, then use the Data Transfer wizard to load data from the external file.