Studio 15 install on TD supplied Dell

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Studio 15 install on TD supplied Dell

Add me to the list of JRE path/install errors.

What I did:

Tried to install, asks for JRE directory, pointed it to the jre7 directory under program files x 86   Java... etc

No dice.

Tried the jre 6 directory that was also installed on this box.

Nope

Tried typing java -version at a cmd prompt

Nope

So, fine, install a new JRE -- got the new 8.

Installed.   Ran the verify.  It uninstalled the old 1.6 and 1.7 -- good, no confusion.  Besides one of them was 32 bit, this a 64 bit win7 install.

Tried java -version again, n nope... no path update, no JRE_HOME....fine, figured out (with some help) how to set the path and JRE Home

Yay, java - version works just fine.

Install again, point to jre8, point to jre8 bin --   Argh...still nope

So, the only thing I saw in the previous two versions of this thread --- try the offline installer (I did the online version, and then manually updated the path etc).

Frankly, that seems rather desperate, so thought I'd ask before I DL'ed, unstalled 1.8, and reinstalled offline version of 1.8. 

Thanks for any guidance.  (And wave, we are north of you in the bay area :) )

MM (mm186051)

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Studio 15 install on TD supplied Dell

Mark, Sorry for all the confusion. We would love to bundle in the JRE but have been told that many customers don't want us to. We have not certified with JRE 1.8. Any chance you can install the online JRE with 1.7?  

Enthusiast

I tried installing TD Studio Express 15, I have 14 with me.

C:\Users\>java -version

java version "1.7.0_60"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-b19)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.60-b09, mixed mode)

When I install, it looks as if it installed successfully. But when I search for it to launch it, I still see 14.. what to do???

Teradata Employee

I just tried the offline 1.8, that did not work, going to uninstall and try/find a 1.7 to try.  Thanks

Teradata Employee

@AB75151, Can you verify that Studio Express completed the install in Program Files (depending on 32 or 64-bit location)? The install should create (replace) the desktop shortcut with the correct location to launch Studio Express 15.00. You can look at the properties of the desktop shortcut to verify it is pointing to the correct version.