Studio 16.10.0.0 - How do I / Can I?

Teradata Studio
Senior Apprentice

Studio 16.10.0.0 - How do I / Can I?

Hi,

Having used SQLA for 20+ years there are some features of that product which I really like and I'm trying to find an equivalent mechanism in Studio. If there isn't can we treat these as 'enhancement requests' ?

Result Set Font Settings

In SQLA I can set default font type and size for result sets. Every new result window that opens uses the new settings. In Studio I can change the font settings for selected cells (including all cells in a result set) but those settings only seem to apply to that result set. If I run another query that returns data then the font settings used are the default ones. I can't work out which defaults control this.

Display of Explain and Show output

The Teradata Explain and Show commands return text information rather than conventional rows and columns. In SQLA these types of result set are displayed in a text control but in Studio they are both displayed in a grid. I can click the relevant icon to change the display to a text display but I'd like to be able to set that display style as a default for Explain and Show commands. I don't think this can be done. (I assume that Studio can know that the request is Explain or Show because I think it parses the SQL before it is sent to TD).

Alignment of Numeric Values

In a result set window any numeric values always seem to be left-aligned. Is it possible to have such data values right-aligned (as is a common practise in a lot of tools)?

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Studio 16.10.0.0 - How do I / Can I?

- Regarding Result Set Font: The Result Set Viewer uses the Dialog Font. You can customize this font in the Preferences. Open the Preferences and enter 'font' in the search text or go to General>Appearance>Colors and Fonts page. Under Basic, there is the Dialog Font that you can Edit.

- Explain display: We currently don't have a preference to set the Explain style. I will pass this along to open a new feature request. The SHOW menu option returns the results in the SQL Editor. If you run the SHOW command from the SQL Editor, the results are returned as a single cell in the Result set viewer as text.

- Numeric values right aligned: I will open an improvement for this as well.

thank you for your feedback,

-francine

Senior Apprentice

Hi Francine,

Many thanks for that answer and for forwarding those new feature requests.

On the 'Explain' display, can you please also request that this applies to the results of SHOW commands run from the SQL editor.

Cheers,

Dave

Senior Apprentice

Just found that the EXPLAIN output comes back as desired. (That was a very quick implementation of a new feature Smiley Happy)