Studio Admin tab toolbar

Teradata Studio
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Studio Admin tab toolbar

I believe I am missing somehting here - I can't manage to get a toolbar when I click on Studio Admin tab. 

Can anyone help please?

No_Tool_BAR.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Studio Admin tab toolbar

The Administration perspective user interface is quite different, and it doesn't have any window-level toolbars by default. The examples in the User Guide don't show any either.

The individual "views" in this perspective each have their own buttons and right-click actions relevant to the current context.

The basic metaphor for Administration is: display a filtered list of objects; select an object; click a button or right-click and select the action to perform (or double-click an object for the default action); enter additional information if needed to complete the action.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Could you please try Windows->Reset Perspective and let us know the result.

Enthusiast

Did that Ravi but not much help.  It only added the ""Filters" window.

I am using TD Studio 16.20 - If you have 16.20, can you see that? I believe the prodcut should have this basic feature, unless there is a "UI-Bug" to NOT allow toolbar.

Teradata Employee

Could you please  try launching in fresh workspace .with below command

TeradataStudio.exe -data <workspace location>

Enthusiast

TeradataStudio.exe -data <workspace location> does not work for me. 

What do you mean by workspace location? Alos, I could not find "TeradataStudio.exe" is it "TeradataStudio.exe" or any other name?

Teradata Employee

Please go to Teradata Studio installation folder. Generally it will be C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\<Version>\Teradata Studio nt-x8664.

in This folder you can find TeradataStudio.exe. From command prompt of this folder, TeradatStudio.exe -data c:\teststudio.It will launch Studio application with tsetstudio workspace. Please let me know whether you are able to see the toolbar with this process

Enthusiast

Thanks Ravi - but it does not help. There is still nothin under the menu bar. May be somehting is missing in here? 

Teradata Employee

Which version did you install . What version are you using previously.Could you please try to uninstall and install again.

Enthusiast

As mentioned above I have 16.20 - this is the first time I am using Teradata Studio. 

It's not only me - I think when I started using  -data option, even then the demo screen was not showing the toolbar icons under "Administration Perspective".  

I have attached the snapshots for Admin & Query perspective. At the very least the find button should be there, and like any other windows tool, the CTRL+F should work in Admin perspective as well. 

1No_Tool_BAR.PNGAdmin Perspective

2No_Tool_BAR.PNGQuery Perspective

Teradata Employee

The Administration perspective user interface is quite different, and it doesn't have any window-level toolbars by default. The examples in the User Guide don't show any either.

The individual "views" in this perspective each have their own buttons and right-click actions relevant to the current context.

The basic metaphor for Administration is: display a filtered list of objects; select an object; click a button or right-click and select the action to perform (or double-click an object for the default action); enter additional information if needed to complete the action.