Studio Express 16.10 losing script

Teradata Studio

Studio Express 16.10 losing script

After I select and run a few lines, for some reason, Studio Express 16.10 deletes the rest of the script and only keeps the lines I run. I have to use command+z to get the rest of the script back. This is a pain, as I could lose the entire script. Has anyone else run into the same issue? I am using a Mac. Thanks.

13 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Studio Express 16.10 losing script

Oh good, I'm glad it isn't just me! I assumed that I had inadvertently highlighted too much code.

This only started happening today and the only thing that (I think!) I've changed is to turn on the display of line numbers in the SQL Editor window. I'm running on Windows 7.

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
Teradata Employee

Could you please confirm theStudio Express Version. If you are using 16.10, Please test with 16.10.01 Studio Express build and let us know the result

Senior Apprentice

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the idea. I'm using Studio (not Studio Express). Does this idea apply to my situation as well?

Cheers,

Dave

Teradata Employee

I have experienced it as well, with the Studio full version, not express....

seems to be especially (maybe only?) if the statement is DDL instead of DML?

Thanks. I am using express 16.10

Teradata Employee

It applies to both Studio and Studio Express. Could you please test with 16.10.01 build for both Studio and Studio Express

Teradata Employee

I am impacted on the most recent Studio version (installed a couple days ago)

Version: 16.10.1.201708101349

Teradata Employee

Are you running 'Execute as Individual' or F5? Can you try 'Execute Selected Text' which is a right click option? I notice if I have multiple SQL statements, it will remove the newline.

Senior Apprentice

Hi Francine,

I think you might have got the (or maybe some) circumstances right.

I have downloaded Studio (full, not Express) 16.10.1.201708101349 (32-bit). The following steps re-create the problem.

1. Open studio and logon (in my case) to a Teradata system.
  2. In the sql editor window, enter multiple sql requests (in my test case each one is terminated by a semi-colon and there is a blank line between each but I don't know if these are requirements).
  3. Highlight one of the sql statements and press F5.
  4. The sql runs but the sql editor window is changed so that only the executed sql is displayed. I have to use CTRL+Z to display all of my sql again.

Note that if I choose "execute selected text (alt+x)" then the sql editor still contains all of my sql, but the number of lines (of text) in the editor are reduced. I don't seem to lose any code but it has changed. How it changes is altered by which lines in the editor are highlighted.

See screen shots below.

Starting point with multiple sql statementsStarting point with multiple sql statementsHighlight a statementHighlight a statementAfter using ALT+X to run the statementAfter using ALT+X to run the statement

The above is running the 32-bit version of TD Studio o Windows 7 (x64).

Cheers,

Dave