Studio FastExport from query results

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Studio FastExport from query results

I believe Data Transfer provides FastExport only from permanent tables.  Are there any export options of query results that use FastExport (e.g, the export icon in the Teradata Result Set Viewer, or some preference setting, etc.)?   Security restrictions sometimes limit the ability to create a permanent table for the result set.   

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Studio FastExport from query results

Studio Export Mode was added in version 15.10.

No, Export Mode and Result Set Viewer export take the data from a result set. FastExport requires a Select on a table in Teradata. You will need to use the Data Transfer or Data>Export option to invoke JDBC FastExport via Studio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Studio provides an Export Mode option that will export the query results. There is a toggle in the Teradata SQL Editor toolbar or you can turn on Export Mode in the SQLHandling preference page by changling the Results Handler to Teradata Export Wizard. The results of your query will be handled by the Teradata Export Wizard.

Enthusiast

Thank you. I am using Teradata Studio 15.0, and I don't see an icon to toggle on the sql editor toolbar, and no option displays in the SQLHandling preferences for an Export Wizard.  I also was inquiring as to whether these query export options (if I can find them) invoke FastExport, or just the File - Export Results feature like that used by SQL Assistant.  I do see an export icon on the Teradata Result Set Viewer, and wonder if that uses FastExport.

Teradata Employee

Studio Export Mode was added in version 15.10.

No, Export Mode and Result Set Viewer export take the data from a result set. FastExport requires a Select on a table in Teradata. You will need to use the Data Transfer or Data>Export option to invoke JDBC FastExport via Studio.