TD Studio data transfer unexpected token

Teradata Studio
Junior Supporter

TD Studio data transfer unexpected token

I'm creating a test for transfering data using TD Studio 15.10.11 running on an iMac OS X 10.11.5 with lots of memory and disk.

On the same machine, I have a TD VM Express 1TB version 14.10

On a second machine, an Mac Mini runnint OS X 10.11.5 with 16 GB memory and 2TB disk, I have another TD VM Express 1TB version 14.10.  I'm trying to move transfer data from the iMac to the Mac Mini.  Very small table, 1 column 3 rows.  I am constantly getting the following.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Copy Table Data Task

Opening connection...

Writing data...

Starting Export...

Data extracted successfully with Warning(s)

3 Rows Exported

Export Warning(s):

SQL WARNING from statement: State = HY000, Error Code = 1298, Warning = java.sql.SQLWarning: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 15.10.00.09] [Error 1298] [SQLState HY000] FastExport WITH NO SPOOL is being used for statement SELECT  test_result FROM SMS_Data_pi.dim_test_result;

Starting Load...

CopyJob: Error trying to copy data from MACMINI_TESTDB.dim_test_result : Error inserting data.

Load Error Occurred: Message = Unexpected Token

Load Failed 

13 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TD Studio data transfer unexpected token

Garrett, This issue may be that the source table has more columns than the destination or visa versa. Can you confirm that the tables have the same number of columns or you have mapped to appropriate column types for copy?

Junior Supporter

I've tried this multiple times: where the source file doesn't exist and is created and where the source file exists.  The number of columns is correct.

Junior Supporter

Also, FYI, I recently installed the latest version of TD TTU and Studio on a Windows 10 machine. I thought I'd try a different environment so see if it would work.  TD Studio 15.11 on the Windows machine wouldn't open the query perspective.  I received an error.

Teradata Employee

Garrett, Are you doing a Copy or Fast Load from a file?

Teradata Employee

Garrett, If you are doing a Data> Load on the table then you want to make sure you have chosen the correct EOL and delimeters.

Junior Supporter

This is Teradata to Teradata.

Junior Supporter

On another machine, MacBook Pro, I installed TD Studio 15.11.  Same result.

Teradata Employee

Garrett, OK, so you are doing a Copy from one Teradata system to another. Does the destination table exist? If it does, then you want to make sure that you map the columns from source to compatible column types in the destination. Can you share the DDL for the source and destination tables?

Junior Supporter

CREATE SET TABLE SMS_Data_pi.dim_test_result ,NO FALLBACK ,

NO BEFORE JOURNAL,

NO AFTER JOURNAL,

CHECKSUM = DEFAULT,

DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO

(

test_result VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC)

UNIQUE PRIMARY INDEX ( test_result );

CREATE SET TABLE MACMINI_TESTDB.dim_test_result ,NO FALLBACK ,

NO BEFORE JOURNAL,

NO AFTER JOURNAL,

CHECKSUM = DEFAULT,

DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO

(

test_result VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC)

UNIQUE PRIMARY INDEX ( test_result );

The MACMINI_TESTDB is the target and it's empty.  I noticed that these are SET tables (need to fix that).  I recreated the source table with a different name as a MULTISET table, loaded it and had the same results.