TD Studio fails to start due to username/pwd error

Teradata Studio

TD Studio fails to start due to username/pwd error

Hi,

I have a number of TD instances with which I make connections. However, when starting up TD Studio, it will ask for a password for just one of them. If that connection fails, Studio does not start up at all. Thus, I cannot connect to the other instances or start chaning connection profiles either.... cancelling the pwd box does not work either. it just stops

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 15.10.00.09] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

How can I fix this? I tried to locate the connection properties file in windows (in the mean time forgot where), but that's encrypted...

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: TD Studio fails to start due to username/pwd error

I tried to recreate your issue but even though I entered a bad password, Studio still came up with the connection profile disconnected. You can rename your workspace so to start clean.  Your workspace is located in your <USER_HOME> directory and called workspace-studio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

There is not a username or password to start Studio. These are only used when connecting to database servers. Using the wrong password for a database connection should not affect the ability to launch Studio. If Studio is already running, then starting another instance will fail. Make sure that you do not already have Studio running. If on Windows, start the Task Manager and make sure that there is not another instance of Studio running. Or there could be an orphaned Java.exe process running that should be killed as well. 

Hi,

Sorry to say, but that doesn't work. I'm using windows, indeed. I checked all running processe. When starting TD studio, first a splash screen appears, then a dialog box (see below). Then I'm stuck, since cancelling the dialog box does not give me TD studio without connections.  

i also tried upgarding to the latest version

splash screensplash screen

dialog boxdialog box

Teradata Employee

I tried to recreate your issue but even though I entered a bad password, Studio still came up with the connection profile disconnected. You can rename your workspace so to start clean.  Your workspace is located in your <USER_HOME> directory and called workspace-studio.

Thanks it's no longer happening.

Not sure if it was just a local reboot or starting with a clean sheet that solved it