TDStudio stopped working after Java update

Teradata Studio

TDStudio stopped working after Java update

My TD studio (15.10) worked perfectly till 2 days ago, when I got prompt for updating Java.  But after the Java update ( Version 8 Update 91), when i opened the Studio, an error window showing below:

"A Java Runtime En(JRE) or ...(JDK) must be available in order to run TeradataStudio.  No Java virtual machine was found after serching the following locaitons:

C:\program Files|Java\Jre1.8.0_60\bin\javaw.exe"

Anyone can advise me how i can fix it?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TDStudio stopped working after Java update

Henry, Please update your TeradataStudio.ini file to reference the new location of your JRE. The TeradataStudio.ini is located in your install directory. We have fixed this issue in the upcoming Teradata Studio 15.11 release.

Enthusiast

I have a similiar issue.  I am trying to install Teradata Studio Express on a new PC (64-bit OS) HP ProBook.  (I downloaded teradataStudioExpress_win64_x86.15.10.01.01 today)

During the install it ask for the Java Runtime Environment Directory.  I installed and supplied the directory : C\:Program Files (x86)/Java/jre1.8.0_91.  

on clicking NEXT  I get the error window with :

"64bit Java Runtime Environment 1.6 or above is required.  Please provide the required JRE path."

Teradata Employee

Graham, You need to install the 64-bit JRE.

Enthusiast

Thanks Francine, that worked amazingly well once I had a 64 bit version of the JRE.

Teradata Employee

Hi there

same problem, but i tried to unistall/install and now it does not recognize the path (and therefore i have no  TeradataStudio.ini that can be modified)

where is the 15.11 going to be release?

thanks

Giorgio

Teradata Employee

Giorgio, If you installed the 32-bit version instead of 64-bit version or visa versa, they are put into 2 different directories on Windows. 32-bit is installed into "Program Files (x86)" and 64-bit is installed into "Program Files". 

Studio 15.11 is planned for release at the end of this month.

Teradata Employee

I have a similar problem.

My Java was updated and now the path in TeradataStudio.ini isn't correct anymore.

Unfortunately I have no write-access to this file.

So, is it possible to specify a different ini file at Studio-Startup?

Thanks,

Torsten

Teradata Employee

The latest version of Studio does not place the JRE location in the .ini if you are using the default location. Can you upgrade to 15.11? 

Teradata Employee

In our situation TDStudio (15.12 32 bits) stopped working with error 'JRE not available in location...'. This is due to a new install of Java JRE (1.8.0.121). TDStudio.ini does contain the path to the JRE. Unfortunately, the users have no admin rights, and can't change the TDStudio.ini, nor the folder name of the JRE. How can we solve this issue?