Teradata 15.1 Error when trying to execute query

Teradata Studio

Teradata 15.1 Error when trying to execute query

Had Teradata Studio 15.0 loaded on Windows 7.0.  Then upgraded to Studio 15.1.  I now get the error below when trying to execute a query.

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.db.generic.service.GenericSQLService cannot be cast to com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.db.teradata.services.ITeradataSQLService

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.db.teradata.TeradataExecuteMultiSQLAction.run(TeradataExecuteMultiSQLAction.java:160)

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.db.teradata.TeradataExecuteMultiSQLAction.run(TeradataExecuteMultiSQLAction.java:118)

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.ui.editor.TeradataSQLEditor.handleExecuteIndividual(TeradataSQLEditor.java:915)

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.ui.editor.TeradataSQLEditor.handleRunMenuButtonSelected(TeradataSQLEditor.java:783)

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.ui.editor.TeradataSQLEditor.access$14(TeradataSQLEditor.java:777)

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.ui.editor.TeradataSQLEditor$12.widgetSelected(TeradataSQLEditor.java:942)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)

at com.teradata.studio.StudioApplication.start(StudioApplication.java:33)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

18 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata 15.1 Error when trying to execute query

Stephanie, What type of connection profile is associated with your SQL Editor window? Do you get the same error when you perform the execute by doing a right click>xecute As Individual Statements?

Teradata Employee

Hello,

I have the same error. (But it works on Teradata Studio Express)

My connection profile in my SQL Editor window is New Aster Database.

Any ideas ?

Teradata Employee

Axel, What version of Studio are you running?

Teradata Employee

I just downloaded Studio Express 15.1 and I am experiencing the same error when trying to run a query on a Teradata Database. Test connection is ok. I am also able to see the database structure in the Data Source Explorer window but I am unable to query anything. Can anyone help?

Teradata Employee

Lubert, Just to recap running queries: Select the connection profile in the Data Source Explorer (DSE) and double click to create a connection. Then choose the DSE toolbar button Open SQL Editor to open a SQL Editor that is connected to your connection profile. You can verify that your Connection Profile is connected by the connection icon turing green. Enter your SQL statement. Then right click and choose Execute All or Execute as Individual Statements, or Execute Current Text.Or you can use F5 or  Ctrl+Alt+X. What happens when you try one of these? 

Fan

Isroxas, how did you fix this issue? Could you please share.

Fan

I am getting the following error message:

Failed to execute SQL:

org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.db.service.GenericSQLService cannot be cast to com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.db.teradata.service.ITeradataSQLService

Teradata Employee

@gtmmaj, What version of Studio are you using? This issue should be resolved in our latest 15.11 release.

I get the same error as @gtmmaj, my teradata studio is version 15.11.0.201605311155 downloaded an hour ago.