Teradata Eclipse Plug-in 14.02 does not load in Mac version of Eclipse EE Juno R2

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Teradata Eclipse Plug-in 14.02 does not load in Mac version of Eclipse EE Juno R2

Hi all, I have a Mac version of Eclipse, Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers, Version: Juno Service Release 2, Build id: 20130225-0426.  I did a web install of Teradata Plug-in 14.02.  Eclipse stuck at "Loading Workbench".  The help document does not mention Mac OS support.  Is this the case?  Thank you.  Hock 

6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Eclipse Plug-in 14.02 does not load in Mac version of Eclipse EE Juno R2

Two issues here: first, the Mac isn't one of the supported platforms for the Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse for this release. The other issue is that there was a change between Juno SR 1 (that we certified on) and Juno SR2 (that was released after our 14.02 release)  that exposed an error in our plug-in for Eclipse that causes the behavior you're seeing. Right now, the only solution is to use SR1. You might try that version of Eclipse on your Mac. 

Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Eclipse Plug-in 14.02 does not load in Mac version of Eclipse EE Juno R2

Thank you Chuck!  That's a good suggestion!  Will do so.

Teradata Employee

Just FYI - I discovered this bug on Elipse Juno SR2 on the PC.   I assume it's the same issue, I'll back down to SR1. 

Thanks!

Teradata Employee

Yes, the issue with Juno SR2 exists on all platforms.

Teradata Employee

I ran into this issue as well today. Is the fix expected within a week or so? I'd rather not go back to Juno SR1 and instead wait for the fix to be available.

Teradata Employee

There currently is no plan for releasing a fix for this problem sooner than our normal release schedule.