Teradata Studio 14.02 - How can I resort a result set w/o requerying the DB?

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Teradata Studio 14.02 - How can I resort a result set w/o requerying the DB?

Is there a way to re-sort the result set returned in Teradata Studio 14.02 without re-querying the Database? 

Another way of putting the question: Is there a way to do a multi-column complex sort (Asc, Desc, Asc, Asc... ) on the existing resultset without requerying the database?

I am querying TD 13.00 but that should not mattter.

Thanks,

Rick

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio 14.02 - How can I resort a result set w/o requerying the DB?

You can sort the individual columns displayed in the Result Set Viewer by clicking on the column header.

Re: Teradata Studio 14.02 - How can I resort a result set w/o requerying the DB?

Can you sort by more than one column at a time in the Result Set Viewer? If not today, are there any plans to support sorting on more than one column at a time in the Result Set Viewer?

Teradata Employee

It is something we will look at for future version.

Teradata Employee

The Result Set Viewer already has the ability to sort the results on multiple columns.

You can click on a column header to sort with respect to the selected column. (Clicking a second time reverses the sort and clicking a third time reverts to the original order. A triangle in the column header indicates that it is sorted and whether it is ascending or descending.)

You can then Alt-click on the header of a second column. The result set table will be sorted first by the values of the first column clicked on then, for equal values of the first column, the rows are sorted by the value of second column clicked on. (Alt-click again on the second column will reverse the order of the sort with respect to the second column.)

Additional columns can be involved in the sorting by additional Alt-clicks on column headers.

The triangles in the column headers that indicate the sort order get progressively smaller for the subsequent columns added to the sorting.

Thanks for the help, that's exactly what I was looking for.