Teradata Studio 15.10.01.01 on Mac OS X -- Hangs

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Teradata Studio 15.10.01.01 on Mac OS X -- Hangs

For some reason Studio has started freezing up over the last day.  I will be working in Studio and then suddenly I will get the pinwheel spinning forever and the application stops responding.  I have updated to the most recent version of studio and still experience the same behavior.  Nothing has changed on my system in the last couple of weeks.  Any ideas on what I can try?

Tags (2)
26 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Studio 15.10.01.01 on Mac OS X -- Hangs

FYI...running Mac OSX 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

Teradata Employee

Adam, What version of JRE are you running? If not JRE 1.8, can you upgrade to 1.8?

Enthusiast

Running JRE 1.8.

I have done a completely clean install of Mac OSX El Capitan, and am now getting the below error message from Teradata Studio when I attempt to open an existing SQL query and make a connection.

Failed to get reusable connection.

Teradata Employee

Adam, It looks like the SQL file is opened with the SQL File Editor instead of the Teradata SQL Editor. Close the SQL window. From the Project Explorer, right click on your SQL file and choose Open With...>Teradata SQL Editor.

Enthusiast

Oh my....sorry I missed that.  Thanks very much.

Enthusiast

Teradata Studio has started hanging again for no apparent reason.  From time to time, and not when doing anything consistently, the application will hang and will have to be Force Quit on Mac OSX.  Any ideas on how to identify the issue?  Any logging options to find the problem?

Enthusiast

FYI...I downgraded to version 15.10.00.04 and the random/intermittent hangs are gone.  Any ideas on what it could be in the new version, or how to track it down?

Teradata Employee

@astocks, Not offhand, but will note that this seems to resolve the issue.

Hi I also attempted to install Teradata studio Mac v15.10.01.01 on my macbook and am currently running java 1.8.0_73. A local consultant suggested downloading and installing ODBC drivers, but still what happens when I try to launch the app is it hangs at the splash screen and goes no further. My mac is running OSX el capitan 10.11.3 (i7 cpu, 16GB ram). Any suggestions on how I can get the app running? The people here who are running on windows, seem to be running an older version v14.?? Is there a way I can download the exact same version as the windows users are, and try this on my Mac?