Teradata Studio 15.10 No Longer Allows Show DDL option for multiple objects

Teradata Studio
Enthusiast

Teradata Studio 15.10 No Longer Allows Show DDL option for multiple objects

Teradata Studio 14.10 used to allow you to select multiple objects simultaneously, and press the "Show DDL" button from the toolbar, or from the contextual menu by right-clicking on the objects.  15.10 seems to have disabled this option, as it is greyed out when multiple objects are selected.  Is this true, or is there an additional option to select in preferences?

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio 15.10 No Longer Allows Show DDL option for multiple objects

Tony, I went back to Teradata Studio 14.10 release but it also did not allow for multiple selected objects for "Show DDL". Was it possibly Generate DDL? That option does allow for multiple selections. But our soon to be released (plan is for end of this week) 15.11 version will allow you to open the details (which includes the SQL definition) for multiple objects in side-by-side display. 

Enthusiast

Aha!  That was it.  You are correct, I think I really meant Generate DDL...  Thank you for the clarification.  I thought I was losing my mind.  I think the way to access this option is just a little different in 15.10 comparted to 14.10.  The Teradata Administrator perspective needs to be open first for this contextual menu to appear.  I had forgotten that.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, though.  Thanks again!!

Teradata Employee

Yes, you are correct.