Teradata Studio Connection Objects Wiped Out

Teradata Studio
N/A

Teradata Studio Connection Objects Wiped Out

When I brought up TD Studio (16.10) today all my connection objects have disappeared. When in the Query Dev window I see all my sql history so it is not as though everything is lost. I tried to hunt around dir workspace-studio but I don't see anything. In what folder should I expect to see these objects? Since my laptop gets backed up to a corporate server if I know where these objects should be I might be able to restore from a backup.

If that falls through is it possible to import connection information from Sql Assistant without having to re-enter all my connections over again which will be painful. 

Thank you.

• Database Connections lost
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Connection Objects Wiped Out

Your connection profiles are persisted and stored in your workspace directory, located in /<USER DIRECTORY>/workspace-studio. More spectifically, in encrypted files inside <workspace-directory>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity directory. Are you using a roaming directory where you USER directory is on a LAN dirve?

Connection Profiles can be exported to an XML file from Teradata Studio, menu option in the Data Source Explorer, then shared with other users. There is not a way to import SQLA Data Sources.

N/A

No I am not using a roaming directory. I notice now that both ServerProfiles.bak and ServerProfiles.dat are empty now. I also notice that ServerProfiles.dat has a timestamp of this morning and did not add or change any objects. I assume I am pretty much out of luck, correct Francine?

Thank you.

N/A

One more question Francine. I have access to backups that were taken in the past few days. If I restored dir org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity to a previous day when I know it was working is that acceptable or will that cause some out of sync condition somewhere else in the files used by the tool? Thank you.