Teradata Studio Data Transfer - nulls

Teradata Studio
Teradata Employee

Teradata Studio Data Transfer - nulls

I use Teradata Studio 16.0.2 for copiing tables with data from one Teradata to another Teradata. When an original column is a character data type and its value is null, after copiing its value is empty string. How can I influence this behaviour? So I would like to have target values also nulls.

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Data Transfer - nulls

We have opened up a bug report for this problem of copying null VARCHAR values. The workaround would be to first export the table data to a txt, csv, xls, or xlsx file using the Data>Export Data then Load the data into the destination table via Data>Load Data. This will keep the null valie for VARCHAR data type. We hope to have this fixed in upcoming release.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Data Transfer - nulls

We have opened up a bug report for this problem of copying null VARCHAR values. The workaround would be to first export the table data to a txt, csv, xls, or xlsx file using the Data>Export Data then Load the data into the destination table via Data>Load Data. This will keep the null valie for VARCHAR data type. We hope to have this fixed in upcoming release.